Skip to content
- St John, S ( 2020) 30 years of neoliberalism has failed the poor – so why is Labour continuing it? Daily Blog 23rd November
- St John,S. (2020) Bridging the poverty gap: Why all poor kids need Working For Families support, Spinoff, 18th November 2020
- St John,S. ( 2020) Some fairness for short-changed pensioners – but it was a farcical process to get there, Business Stuff, 10th November.
- St John, S (2020) The bureaucratic blocks to welfare reform, Newsroom 5th November
- St John, S quoted in Jacinda Ardern must use her mandate to tackle child poverty in New Zealand The Guardian, 5th November 2020
- RNZ interview, The Detail on Rethinking ACC in the 21st century (Andrew Dickson, Sir Geoff Palmer, Susan St John, November 2,2020) and the RNZ article Time for a Royal Commission into Accident Compensation , 2nd November, 2020
- St John, S (2020) A gender lens: Pensions Policies New Zealand, Ireland and Australia IAPF (Irish pensions Savers) conference, online Ireland 19th October.
- St John quoted in Rob Stock, Stuff Gender blind KiwiSaver needs to become fairer to women. Stuff 18th October
- Dale and St John (2020) presenting Retirement issues for women in a post-covid world, Insurance Ireland, zoom conference, 7he October
- St John, S (2020)., Time to Act is now : taxation of housing as an increase to the income tax base Daily Blog, 19th October
- St John S quoted in Report card: Jacinda Ardern’s government graded on the past three years The Guardian 12th October 2020
- Panel discussion chaired by Jack Tame: Rob Everett (Chief Executive, Financial Markets Authority), Jane Wrightson (Retirement Commissioner, Commission for Financial Capability), Susan St John (Director, University of Auckland, Retirement Policy and Research Centre), Will Burkitt (Mercer, Retirement Innovation Leader). Financial Services Council annual conference panel discussion: Is retirement dead?
- Dig Social policy discussion panel, chaired by Jeremy Rose. Benefits panel Susan St John , Serenah Nicholson and Donna Maria Lawson, 7th October.
- Dale, MC & St John, S (2020) The Kiwis falling through the KiwiSaver cracks Newsroom 28 February
- St John, S ( 2020) The New Zealand Super Fund’s magical thinking Newsroom Pro 28th February 020
- St John, S A briefing on the reform of the in Work Tax Credit, Child Poverty Action Group, 19th February 2020
- St John, S and Dale ,M (2020) A close look at the superannuation problem Newsroom 19th February
- St John, S (2020) Petty, intrusive, destructive and just plain wrong, Daily Blog, 13th February 2020
- St John et al (2020) Budget Policy Statement CPAG Oral submission to the Finance Expenditure Select committee, 7th February
- St John reported in Stuff, 2nd Feb, How employers are freezing the over 50s out of the job market and New Zealand’s pension is one of the world’s most generous – will you be getting it at 65?
- St John, S Radio New Zealand, Radio NZ Checkpoint also Newsroom The Retirement Income review Future retirees face more financial hardship, research suggests 29th January
- St John in New Zealand Herald |Kathryn’s case was meant to change the system 23rd January
- St John, S Expose Working for Families myths Newsroom, 23rd January, 2020
- ST John S Non Qualifying spouse interview Susan Edmunds Stuff 20th Jan
- St John S reported in Where the Government should spend the pot of gold, Stuff, 19th January, 2020
- St John, S. CPAG joins call from budget advisors for Govt to increase benefits urgently Press Release 9th January 2020