- St John, S (2018) Grading the government’s first year for children in poverty Spinoff Dec 30th 2018.
- St John, S (2018) Will the Tax Working Group actually address housing inequality? Daily Blog 4th December 2018
- St John,S (2018) Tax and inequality a commentary. Presentation to Tax Working Group Symposium Auckland 27th November, Wellington 28th November
- St John, S (2018) The Listener is manipulating NZers over retirement Daily Blog 9th November 2018
- St John, S (2018) Time for KiwiSaver default providers to smarten up? Daily Blog 2nd November 2018
- St John (2018) Comments on Chpt7: Retirement savings. Response to the Tax Working Group interim report October 15th 2018
- St John, S and Johnson, A (2018) Feedback on the Tax Working Group’s Interim report 30th October 2018
- St John, S (2018) Feedback on the ‘strawman’ proposal for Irish pension reform from New Zealand experience, 3st October 2018. Prepared for Insurance Ireland and TOR Financial Consulting for Consultations by the Department of Finance and Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection
- St John (2018) : Importance of Working for Families recognised, but problems not addressed Press release on Tax Working Group Interim Report and Commentary on interim TWG report CPAG, October 2018
- RPRC (2018) Support for bill proposing longer residency to access NZ Superannuation. The University of Auckland’s Retirement Policy and Research Centre (RPRC) welcomes the recent bill proposing that residency requirements increase from 10 years to 20 years. 2th October 2018
- RPRC (2018) KiwiSaver default provider arrangements – important issues raised from the Independent Advisors 2018. The major concern is that new KiwiSaver members who do not make their own decisions are put into the default fund of one of nine selected default providers. (17 July 2018).
- St John,S (2018) Dobbing in is a frightful blot on the face of a failed welfare system Daily Blog, October 1, 2018
- St John, S (2018) The Child Poverty Action Group rethinking welfare in the 21st century Opening speech to CPAG Summit, University of Otago Wellington, 12th September 2018.
- St John, S. (2018) Divestment and Decumulation – Planning for Post-Retirement Panel Financials Services Council Conference Shaping Futures, Pullman 6-7th September 2018 .
- St John S (2018) Reply to Eric Crampton Working for families is a payment for children The daily Blog 2nd August 2018
- St John S (2018) Reply to Jane Clifton, Listener Myths that hurt children Daily Blog 27th August, 2018 Chris Trotter’s reply Working For Families: Keeping The Wheels Of Capitalism Turning Daily Blog 28th August
- St John, S (2018) Working for Families under attack, Blog St John, 25th July 2018
- St John, S (2018) Working for Families perversely misunderstood, Newsroom 16th July 2018
- St John S.& So, Y (2018) How effective are 2018 policy settings for the worst-off children? Working paper 18/2, Institute for Governance and Policy Studies, Victoria University of Wellington
- St John S (2018) Policy changes to a festering sore are sadly in the far distance: Daily Blog 11th July 2018
- St John, S (2018) Universal Super – No steps forward. Two steps back? Daily Blog 16th June
- St John, S (2018) We can help solve child poverty – here is one crucial way how, Daily Blog, 5th June
- St John, S (2018) A-new-way-to-fix-our-housing-bubble, Newsroom, 13th June
- St John, S (2018) CPAG and PSA Budget breakfast presentation “Does this budget turn the tide?” The boatshed, Wellington, 17th May, 2018, and Daily Blog, 22nd May
- St John, S (2018) CPAG presentation “A budget analysis for children : Does this budget turn the tide?” Whangarei, 23rd May, 2018
- St John, S and So, Y (2018) Will children be given the help they need? CPAG background paper, 10th May 2018
- Johnson, A, and St John S (2018) Submission to the Tax Working Group, 30th April
- St John, S (2018) Landlords, save your crocodile tears Newsroom 19th April 2018
- St John, S (2018) The fiscal stranglehold Daily Blog, 19th April, 2018
- See also St John. S Labour/Green Economics – these fiscal rules aren’t the beginning of the end, Daily Blog, 20th March, 2017
- St John, S 2018, The huge white elephant landlord in the tax living room, Daily blog 3 April.
- St John, S (2018) It needs to be more than a BBQ Jacinda, Daily Blog 13th March
- St John, S ( 2018) Progressive universalisation of Working for Families A March background paper prepared for Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG)
- St John, S (2018) Submission on the Child Poverty Reduction Bill. prepared with others for Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG), March.
- St John, S (2018) BFM interview on the Salvation Army report, 15th February 2018
- St John, S (2018) National digs itself into child poverty hole, Newsroom 19th February, and Can National stop digging please? Daily Blog February 2018
- St John, S (2018) Submission on the 2018 Budget Policy Statement, and Oral submission to the Select Committee on Finance and Expenditure Committee, 27th January 2018.
- St John, S (2018) Labour’s policy rewards rich elderly, Newsroom. 24th January, 2018
- St John,S and G. Cotterell,(2018) Our social security safety net has unravelled, New Zealand Herald 22nd January 2018
- St John, S. ( 2018) Treasury mistakes with child poverty figures 19th January 2018
- St John, S (2018) Use of Nudge theory: The Winter Energy Payment Daily Blog 17th January 2018